How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Awan-Legal Your Own Question
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 128
Experience:  Expert
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Awan-Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what happens if my wife wont grant me a divorce after 2 years

Resolved Question:

what happens if my wife won't grant me a divorce after 2 years of separation...I wait five years but then she moves out of the country and is uncontactable, what now ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 5 years ago.

Awan-Legal : Hi
Awan-Legal : You can still file for divorce if she is abroad or if you have lost contact with her. You will need to provide her last known address and will have to show you have made every effort to serve the divorce on her, then if the judge is satisfied you have done this he should grant the divorce.
Awan-Legal : My apologies - I have just seen this is for Goddard therefore not an enquiry in the UK?
Awan-Legal and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you