UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

im seperated from my husband due to his infidelity can he sell…

Customer Question
im seperated from my husband...
im seperated from my husband due to his infidelity can he sell our marital home that niether of us live in without consent from me. We bought it whilst married although I'm not on the mortgage?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
3/4/2012
Solicitor: James Mather,
 replied 6 years ago
James Mather
How long have you been separated?

Do you have any children?

Please give me as much detail as possible.

As it is weekend, I have “domestic” things to do as all UK Law experts do. We are real people, practising law. We/I do give bespoke personal answers to your problem, so please bear with me if I don’t get back to you within minutes!! It may be a few hours or even overnight (we/I do sleep..sometimes!). If this is a problem, and you want an urgent answer for some reason, simply post up and another expert will assist.

Thank you for your question on Just Answer

LD

We have been seperated for 4 years due to his affair, i had just lost my mum or would not have let him make me believe i had to leave the house.

We were married for 10 years and bought the house whilst living in Germany. I also worked full time whilst we lived at the property.

Although i have 3 children and he has 2 we dont have any together.

Solicitor: James Mather,
 replied 6 years ago

So you are not on the mortgage but are you on the deeds? Is this a house you rent out? Why dont you want him to sell it?

Can I have details please?

The reason for the split is immaterial.

Thanks

LD