UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

my relationship of 6 years has broken down in it we used to…

Customer Question
my relationship of 6 years...
my relationship of 6 years has broken down in it we used to split everything down the middle[bills etc] now i am on my own i find i cant meet the demands of the bills that i now have to pay myself whilst my ex partner is swanning around spending her cash frivulously the question i would like to ask is there any way she can be forced into helping me in my situation
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
3/2/2012
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 6 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Hi
Are you still living together and are there any children involved?
How has she got access to your account?
Claire
There arent any children invovled we hadnt been living together for some time but we were going to try and make a go of it but things failed yet again this week end then on the wednesday £330 pound went out of my account the reason for this was my A T M card was taken last week because of insufficient funds and she had an account she didnt use and gave me her card till i received my new one.i got a pay day loan to tie us over till we got paid which was for £460 pound each having £230 i went out for the day to chester just for a ride out to maybe have a meal whilst there have a walk round the city then return home as i had work on thursday night but when i went to withdraw cash i found there was only £50 left in i phoned her up and asked her if she had taken any money out and she said she had i said you had no right to take the money until i would have given it to her she said she owed her father some money and informed me i would get it back by friday to which she hasnt given it to me plus none returns to my texts and phone calls etc even when i have rang her parents and ask for her they either say she is out or they dont answer so this is why o have turned to someone for help as i dont want to be turned out of my house because i cant afford my bills this isnt the first time this has happened we were seperated for nealy 12 months but decided to try and give it another go but its nearly always the same when payday approaches she does her disappearing act with her half of the bills leaving me to pay them all again and leaving me broke but surely im right in saying she shouldnt touch any monies that are not hers i call it theft
Hi
Just to check I understand - the money was in an account in her name - and she does not live with you.
Claire