UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Will my ex get full custody of my children because my boyfriend…

Customer Question
Will my ex get full...
Will my ex get full custody of my children because my boyfriend grabbed my jacket in a argument? He is threating to take me to court for full custody of my kids becuase of this. My children live with me and stay with their father one night a week. I dont want to lose my children, i never went to police about my grabbing me as i didnt think it was a big deal but now my ex is using it against me. My children are well looked after, never miss school, fed, clean and ive never had issues with authorities over them.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
3/1/2012
Solicitor: F E Smith, Solicitor replied 6 years ago
F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor
Good day,

I always strive to reply in the shortest possible time,I may be delayed answering other questions, attending a meeting or in court.

Were you married to the children's father and what age are the children?
No we were not married and my kids are 5 and 3 years of age.

Good afternoon,

It is extremely unlikely that your ex will be granted custody particularly bearing in mind the tender ages of your children. Children of that age are very rarely separated from their mother. If the matter comes before the Court the Court's paramount consideration is what is in the best interest of the child/ren. All matters are considered including the evidence of all relevant parties and a report compiled by a CAFCASS Officer. I repeat my view that the chances of your ex getting full custody are remote.

If I have answered your question, please click on 'Accept' so that I can receive credit, thereafter I will happily deal with your follow up questions.

Solicitor: JGM, Solicitor replied 6 years ago
JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Thank you for your question.

I see the earlier expert has opted out. Do you still need help with this from a Scottish lawyer which I am?
yes as otherwise stated my childrens father ( my ex) has said he is taking me to court to obtain full custody of my kids, as my current partner grabbed my coat in an argument, its rather complex because at the time i lived with my current partner in england, but i returned hoe to scotland after 3 weeks after an argument a decision which i deeplyy regret as now me and my current partner are going to get married in 8 weeks and want to live together in england my children, so im obviously worried that he will attempt to stop me, he has parental rights over both kids but im willing to meet him every 3 weeks and he can have kids and of course on school holidays too.
What is your relationship like now with your fiancé?

Is there a history of abuse?

What is his relationship like with your children?
My relationship now is fine we are still living apart as I obviously dont want to just upsticks and move with my children.

There is no history of abuse what so ever, and i never reported him grabbing my coat to police as I didnt consider it to be a big deal. His relationship with my children is brilliant he adores them and treats them like his own and my kids love him too. As I said we only lived together for 3 weeks but had been together for almost a year before hand and the reason for me coming back home to Scotland was a heat of the moment decision in a argument which I now regret deeply.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.