UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

i am currently living in a house with my married wife, the…

Customer Question
i am currently living in...
i am currently living in a house with my married wife, the house is in her name not in joint names, if we split up, am i not entitled to anything
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
2/24/2012
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 6 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Hi
You have an absolute right to remain in the matrimonial home so long as you are married (unless there is a court order excluding you) - you may also have a financial claim depending on the length of the marriage
Claire
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

Claire

We have been married for 6 years, i am the only wage earner in thee house, alos i suppose she has a right to be in the house if we are splitting up

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
The house is woth £370,000 and mortgage outstanding is £285,000, and there are no children involved

Claire

Did you recieve my reply re the house values etc

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
It was done through a staright forward mortgage deposit of 50 k i think

Claire

you still have not come back with the answer to the information i sent

Hi
My apologies I have been off line.
When was the property purchased?
Claire
It was purchased June 2007
Hi
Why was the house purchased in her sole name?
Claire
Because I was self employed and could not get
it through self cert
Hi
Who provided the large deposit (this may determine the division)
Claire