UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

me and my ex partner share custody of our two children,although…

Customer Question
me and my ex partner...
me and my ex partner share custody of our two children,although this was not settled in court it has worked ok for the last 51/2 years. he moved in with the latest lady friend nearly a year ago and it was a relief as he had introduced them to more than a few and i just wanted the kids settled. unfortunatley my youngest is attention seeking with his farther and has accused my husband of 5 years of hitting him,which he then retracted and admitted to his dad that he made it up. he threatend me with social services and told me i would never get to see them again...my son has gone bak to his dads this week with a bruise on his hipthat he did on my sons elbow while he was wanting to play his usual martial arts games that he always wants to play.he told his dad the truth but he pushed him for another answer wanting to believe that my husband had done it so now my son has had to tell another complete lie and said that his 18 year old half brother has punched him, i know this to be untrue as i was there when it happened... he is making threats again so i have told him to ring social services i would rather the truth be found out that way than him spread lies about my family just because our son is fighting for his attention. is there anything i can do to stop him from being able to lay the law down and threaten me?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
2/19/2012
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 6 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Hi
How do the children share their time between you?
Claire

its run on a fortnightly order, i have them wed evenings from 7pm until sunday at 2pm the first week and until 5 the next, i work mon tue and wed so he has them on those days so i dont have to find childcare. in the begining he was alone so i let him keep the child bennefit as to help him.

Hi
Just to check - you always have them four nights a week and he has them three is that correct?
How old are the children?
Claire