How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Awan-Legal Your Own Question
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 128
Experience:  Expert
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Awan-Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi there. Some confidential & personal information in relation

This answer was rated:

Hi there. Some confidential & personal information in relation to my medical treatment by the local health board has been sent to another member of the public amongst some records she requested. The matter has been investigated & thay have addmitted a breach in Data Protection which is being further investigated by the Information Commissioner's Office. No body has informed me of my rights. Please can you tll me what they are & if I am entitled to compensation? Thanks

Awan-Legal : Hi
Awan-Legal : You are able to claim compensation from them directly or through the courts (it is better to try through them first). There is no specific amount for compensation and it depends how much distress it has caused you. Please see the attached link:
Awan-Legal :
Awan-Legal : I hope that helps. Please click accept on my answer and good luck with it.
Awan-Legal and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Family Law Questions