How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi! Good after noon there! I am living in UK and my wife is

Resolved Question:

Hi! Good after noon there!
I am living in UK and my wife is in India, we tried to get visa for her to come and join me here but we failed. and because she didn't get the visa, now she dont want to keep this relation and we want to get separate with mutual understanding. I tried to get some help from a lawyer in India and they want someone from my family member to represent this case in the court in India. so to give them my consent I need to get a power of attorney for someone in india. can just answer arrange this for me and how much are the charges? please!
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


Any Power of Attorney which is required to be enforceable in India would have to comply with Indian law and be set out in the proper form according the procedure/practice in india. Therefore, it would have to be drafted by an Indian Lawyer.


If your lawyer is advising you that it is best for an family member to be given power of attorney then they will be able to draft it for you and then send it to you to execute with a solicitor/notary here in the UK so that you can return to them for use during proceedings.

UK lawyers will draft powers of attorney's for use in the UK, not in India.


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.


Kind regards,



Thomas and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you