UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Family Law

i bought a house in 2004 which my brother and wife are living

Customer Question
they have there names on...
i bought a house in 2004 which my brother and wife are living they have there names on the deeds she has been seeing someone else and now wants half the house can i stop her claiming her share
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
10/7/2011
Solicitor: Thomas, Solicitor replied 6 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Hi
Thanks for your question.
To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following using the same numbering:-
1. Who is named as registered proprietors on the registered title to the property
2. Are the interests held as joint tenants or tenants in common
3. Is there a declaration of trust declaring each party’s interests in the property
Kind regards.
Tom
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
my brother and wife are registered as proprietors,joint tenants

You stated that you bought the house, how is it that they (and not you) came to be registered as proprietors.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor