How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7615
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi , Im a permanent resident here in UK and I have an illegitimate

This answer was rated:

Hi , I'm a permanent resident here in UK and I have an illegitimate child in Philippines. Is it possible to bring my child over here ?


Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

  • 1. Please confirm that you have indefinite leave to remain in this country
  • 2. Are you on the chlid's birth certitificate

Kind regards.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi , yes I have indefinite leave to remain here in Uk and right now I am waiting for the response fromhome office on my application for british citizenship. Yes I am the mother on my son's birth certificate but I did use my Maiden's name since I can't use my married name .




Thanks for your question.


Yes, you will be able to apply your child to come here as your dependent. You will have to make a separate application to the home office to get the child a visa because the child will not be entitle to UK citizenship if born outside the UK before you are naturalised as a UK citizen.

If you are awaiting determination on your application for naturalisation then I would wait until this is return.


Obviously if the parent of the child in the Phillipines elects to dispute the child coming to the UK to live then you will have to resolve this issue under Phillipino Law first.


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.


I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Family Law Questions