How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i want to divorce with my wife i just get maried since juin

Resolved Question:

i want to divorce with my wife i just get maried since juin 2010 and my wife she is from morrocco
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.


Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

  • 1. Are you asking how you would initiate divorce proceedings

Kind regards.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.

she does not want to divorce and she willing to get some money because i own some share of bussiness in london i want to know how long the prosseses will tacke if she does not agree to divorce and how much money it will cos me


thank u for your hep


Kind regards


Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Has your wife committed adultery?


Kind regards,



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no we dont get on anymore we just argu every day and destroying a life to be honnest is nothing to save we did a mistacke and we don't get on
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


You must have been married for 1 year in order to divorce.

If you are not prepared to wait for two years separation (if she were to consent to divorcing under this ground) or 5 years (without her consent) You could petition on the basis of her unreasonable behaviour. You would have to list 5-6 examples of her unreasonable behaviour towards you. The should mostly be related to her most recent behaviour and it can be things like not speaking to you, providing you with emotional support, verbal (eg. Nagging, insults etc) or physical abuse, unwillingness to engage in typical things that married people do (socialising, eating together, planning practical matters together), not contributing towards the expenses of accommodating yourself and the children, not engaging in physical affection, not helping you with any children you have.


Typically, it is best to list each examples in the following order

  • 1) First occurrence
  • 2) Worst Occrrence
  • 3) Most Recent.


There is lots of useful advice for lay persons considering divorce here:-

You will have to pay a court issue fee for issuing the petition of approximately £350 and a further £50 approximately for the decree fee further during the divorce process.

If you instruct a solicitor they will probably charge around £1200-1500 to act for you in the divorce, but if you instruct them to act in financial ancillary relied proceedings their costs will be at an hourly rate.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.


I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Family Law Questions