How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

our house is in my wifes name how do i stand if she dies

Resolved Question:

our house is in my wifes name how do i stand if she dies
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.


Thanks for your question.


If you wife has a Will then the property shall pass according to the provisions of that Will.


If your wife does not have a Will then it shall pass according to the intestacy rules. If you have no children then all of her property (including the house) will pass to you.


If you do have children then the house will be included in her estate. You would get everthing up to £250, 000.00 (and her personal possessions), the remainder would be split in two with one half passing immediately to the children and the remaining half being kept in trust for the children so that you would receive the income from the monies with the rest passing to the children upon your death.


If this is usfeul please kindly click accept so that I m ay be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,



Thomas and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Family Law Questions