How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how can i find out if i am doverced

Resolved Question:

how can i find out if i am doverced? mt name is XXXXX XXXXX adress wasXXXXXnorthampton nn5 8nr wife name is XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



You are legally divorced upon receiving your decree absolute.

If you do not know if this has been issued then you can check at the Principal Registry of the Family Division. They hold a record of all decree absolutes issued in England and Wales.

Scroll down to Decree Absolute Search Section on the following link and use the phone number or email address to request your search of their database:-


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Thomas and 2 other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you