Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

how can i find out if i am doverced

how can i find out if i am doverced? mt name is XXXXX XXXXX adress wasXXXXXnorthampton nn5 8nr wife name is XXXXX XXXXX
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

You are legally divorced upon receiving your decree absolute.

If you do not know if this has been issued then you can check at the Principal Registry of the Family Division. They hold a record of all decree absolutes issued in England and Wales.

Scroll down to Decree Absolute Search Section on the following link and use the phone number or email address to request your search of their database:-

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/family/contactus.htm

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom