How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2 chinese people get married in china in 2004 the husband becomes

Resolved Question:

2 chinese people get married in china in 2004 the husband becomes a british citizen in
2006. the wife becomes a british citizen in 2010. but now they agree to a divorce.
do they get a divorce in china or england as they live in england. thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your question.n


Provided you have the marriage certificate to the marriage there is nothing preventing those persons petitioning in UK courts for divorce. In terms of the actually divorce petition this would only differ in that they would have to get the marriage certificate professionally translated and provide the translation and evidence of translation to prove that they were actually married.


They can petition to their local county Court. Information here:-


If there are children of the marriage or complex/significant value assets of the marriage then the parties should take specific legal advice from a divorce lawyer in their area. They can be found by using the following site:-



If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my efforts. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you