How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

please can you help we have a problem with my daughters turkish

Resolved Question:

please can you help we have a problem with my daughters turkish ex partner he is viisting his daughter but has caused so much trouble we want him to go but he refuses to leave is there anyway we can get him removed from this country we are desperate we have tried the border agencies but dont know how to contact them
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



He would require a visa in order to enter the country.


Only the UKBA (Home Office) may take the decision to deport someone and in order to do so the person has to either not have leave to remain here (ie. a visa) or must have seriously breached the terms of their visa.


You can contact the UKBA by using the information on the following page if you think he is in breach of his visa or does not have a visa:-


They will not give away confidential information but they will check what you report to them and then take any deportation action appropriate.


If you are concerned about his behaviour towards the child/you/your family then you should speak to the police or possibly a local solicitor about applying for a non-molestation order. As he is the father of the child he does have right to apply to Court for contact with the child however, this can be protracted however.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,




Customer: replied 6 years ago.
he has hit her son by another relationship and has threatened her and me by saying he is going to kill us he has no money with him and he expects her to keep him and she is on benefits we dont know where to turn
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Right. If he is making threats like that then you need to speak to the police but also include details in your email to the UKBA to the address provided in my previous answer because this speaks against the requirement of "good character".


It is up to the son if he wishes to press charges in respect of the assault.


Hope this clarifies, if so please click accept


Kind regards,


Edited by Tom on 12/2/2010 at 1:27 PM EST
Thomas and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you