How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legal eagle 73 Your Own Question
legal eagle 73
legal eagle 73, Lawyer
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 466
Experience:  STEP LLB
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
legal eagle 73 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have summon by the court of protection over misappropriation

Resolved Question:

I have summon by the court of protection over misappropriation of funds by anonymous person to which OPG refused to declare the name. Do I have the right to know the name? If I am cleared of the allegation who pays the cost?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  legal eagle 73 replied 6 years ago.

Hi there


The Court has a duty to investigate whenever an allegation has been made of misappropriation of funds. Furthermore, a Deputy/Receiver has a duty to keep records etc.


I do not think you have the right to know you has reported you to the Court. However, if you are able to provide the Court with full information about your dealings with the patient's property, you can request the Court to release details of that person's identity but the Court has a discretion about whether it does so, or not.


You cannot claim the cost of accounting to the Court, from anyone because when a person signs up to be a Deputy, they confirm they will provide full information to the Court, if and when requested.


Please click on the green accept button so that I can be credited for the advice I have given you.



legal eagle 73 and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Family Law Questions