How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can a solicitor send a letter from one parent to the other

Resolved Question:

can a solicitor send a letter from one parent to the other with requested acess for the child involved
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.



Yes, a family solicitor can send a letter for a non-resident parent. They will have to advise the party to obtain legal advice on the content of the letter though.


The solicitor can advise on your rights to contact and the possibility of making an application under the Children Act to secure your contact by way of a court order.


You need to speak to a family solicitor in your area. You can find them here:-


If you think you might qualify for legal aid then you should call the Law Society first and ask for family solicitors in your area with a legal aid certificate.


You may also consider mediation before formalising the issue and incurring the expense of a solicitor:-


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will e gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.


Kind regards,



Thomas and 2 other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you