How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear sir My son has engaed to indian born girl and she has

This answer was rated:

Dear sir
My son has engaed to indian born girl and she has French residential permit to stay in France .Both of them are willing toget married in U.K.So please tell me what they should do to?



Are they planning on living in the uk post marriage?



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes sir



She will need to apply for a fiance visa directly to the British Embassy in France.


They will have to show that:-

  1. They intend to marry within 6 months of coming to the UK (statements, correspondence, possibly wedding/church venue details)
  2. They plan to live together following marriage in the UK permanently (statements, correspondence, evidence of accommodation)support each other without the need for public funds (bank statements, evidence of income, evidence of jobs available that your husband could do)
  3. You have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public funds (tenancy agreement, land registry docs if you your own home)
  4. That neither of you are younger than 21 years of age. (birth certificates, passports)

They will have to apply using form VAF4A, available for download from the UKBA's visa website. It would be best for either a solicitor in the UK to prepare it in consultation with both you and your wife before submitting it.


You can find Uk immigration solicitors through the following Law Society Website search engine:-


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,



Thomas and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Family Law Questions