UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

my wife deserted me twelve years ago ,can i now divorce her…

Customer Question
my wife deserted me twelve...
my wife deserted me twelve years ago ,can i now divorce her without having to trace her and inform her as she lives somewhere in ireland
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
6/28/2010
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

hi

you can divorce her on the basis of the five year separation but you do need to either trace her or show the court that you have made every effort to do so

claire

Relist: Answer quality.
your answer is the common one available on multiple free ones the web. desertion is different to separation is it not?

hi

you can use the desertion ground but there is no need to do so as you have lived apart for five years and it is an easier ground to proove

whether you opt for desertion or separation you will still need to either trace her and serve her or show the court that you have made every reasonable effort to trace her and have been unable to do so

claire

Very short answer and have already read more informative free ones on the web, not at all satisfied and accept with great reluctance as i would never use this site again and want to be taken off your data base
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.