UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Me and my partner (well, ex) have decided to split. We got…

Customer Question
Me and my partner (well...
Me and my partner (well, ex) have decided to split. We got teh house together last November but it is in his name as my credit rating wasn't that great. I paid half the deposit though. We have a 2 year old daughter together.
I have no idea what my rights are, if any???
He has said to sell the house and he will go halves with me if there is anything left out of it.
I don't even know how to sell a house...
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
6/22/2010
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

hi

how much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage

claire

We got the house for £111,000 but its been valued at more then that, we only got it for less as the previous owners had already emigrated and needed a sale.

There is approximately £96,000 left owing on the mortgage.

The house has been valued at £135,000.

hi

could you afford to stay in the property on your own

claire