UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Cheapest means of Divorce I manrried my ex in 2001 in scotland,

Customer Question
Cheapest means of Divorce? I...
Cheapest means of Divorce? I manrried my ex in 2001 in scotland, we had 2 children together in 2001 and 2004, he has full parental rights. He hasnt seen the girls at all since dec 2008 and only twice in the 6 months prior to that. Before which we lived in the same property but had completely seperate lives (myself and the children as a family and himseld as an individual) since june 2004. He was voilent and aggressive & once we managed to leave we eventually moved to england. Is there anyway I can have a cheap quick and easy divorce or will he be able to make things difficult due to having children together? There was no property or other assets to be concidered during the split
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/20/2010
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

hi

is he likely to co-operate in any way with the divorce

claire

no he has no interest in seeing the children or anything, but he does seem to get some sort of pleasure with making everything as awkward as possible. Im sure he will try to be as difficult as possible

Im assuming that will make it a long, hard, expensive process?

Either way, how do I get things started and what can I expect to have to go through? Is there any way to do most of it myself? I cant really afford legal fees

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.