UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I recently signed a consent order to pay my sons mother a capital…

Customer Question
I recently signed a consent...
I recently signed a consent order to pay my sons mother a capital sum over 1 year and increase child support and dispensing with the need for the CSA by mutual consent, i had been using a solicitor but ran out of money so represented myself , she had asked me not to sign a consent order until she had seen it , however after 6 hours at court and 2 years of this i felt brow beaten by her solicitor and barrister and then the judge to sign it on the day , it was only done 9 days ago and im worried ive signed it without independant legal advice and its all one sided and doesnt allow for unexpected future events , ive already paid the first child support payment?

How do i go about applying to have it set aside and what forms do i fill in and how quickly do i need to do it.
Please advise

Thankyou Craig
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
6/13/2010
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

hi

have you asked your solicitor to look at the order since it was made

claire

Hi Claire

yes, she said i shouldnt have signed it

Craig

hi

what does she say is wrong with it

claire

Hi Claire

she says there is no "what if" eg my circumstances change and i cant afford it as previously advised tot eh other side, i have limited monies and felt bullied into it.

Craig