UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Please I need your help, I have been in a marriage for 16years,

Customer Question
for over thirteen years my...
Please I need your help, I have been in a marriage for 16years, for over thirteen years my husband has been having series of affairs. We had a joint mortgage together in the house we live with four children I have been paying the mortgage alone now since 15months ago when he left work and live in abroad for some months. Please I would like to remove his name on the mortgage that I have been struggling to pay for months and he has not shown much interest in contributing to pay towards the mortgage.
Please can you advice on the chance and options I have to remove his name on the house since he doesnt live in the house anymore.
Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/12/2010
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

hi

how much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage and what other assets are there

how old are the children

are you willing to consider a divorce

claire

The house worth £400,000 no more asset. The children age are 15,13,9,7. I am not willing to divorce I am seperating from him.

hi

how much is outstanding on the mortgage

claire

£215,000 is outstanding.