How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34130
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i havent seen my 2 girls for 4 years, i dont see why i should

Resolved Question:

i havent seen my 2 girls for 4 years, i dont see why i should pay the CSA anymore as shes got an injunction out until 2013 so i'll be paying for something i wont see for 7 years. someone says you can apply to court not to pay it anymore but i dont know how to do it. shes also changed their surname from mine to her partners which was the last 'link' i had with my girls. how do i challenge these decisions, we were never married so i don;t have any parental responsibilities.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  lawNinvest replied 7 years ago.
What state, country or providence are you in?

Is this the same state, country or providence which issued the court orders?



Please Note: My answer or reply is also limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, England. Yes it is the same which the court orders are in.
Expert:  lawNinvest replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Seems your question came into our U.S.A. category by mistake. I will report to the moderator to move the question to our UK family law section for further handling. Once it is moved and answered there you will be notified. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Expert:  Clare replied 7 years ago.


i am afraid that unless her new partner applies to adopt the children then you will have to continue paying even though you do not see the children

you can consider an application to have their name changed back but there is no way of knowing if this will be successful

you can get help and support from families need fathers (


Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34130
Experience: 25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Clare and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Family Law Questions