How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do i recover money from family member note papers where

Resolved Question:

how do i recover money from family member note papers where signed to state it was loaan
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.



You can recover the money from them the same way you would from anyone else.


Write a formal letter to them stating the money owed and that you require the agreed repayment within a reasonable time, you can specify that you are starting to charge interest on the amount outstanding and will recover the money by issuing a claim if necessary. If repayment terms were agreed then plainly you may only request such sum in accordance with those terms.


If you do not receive payment you can issue a claim for yourself through

It's very straightforward and cheap.


If this helps please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask followup questions.



Kind regards,




Thomas and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you