How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lawsolved Your Own Question
lawsolved, Lawyer
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3244
Experience:  General Family Law Experience
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
lawsolved is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Concerning maintanence, what does full time education mean

Resolved Question:

Concerning maintanence, what does "full time education" mean? On the CSA website it defines it as up to and including 'A' levels. i.e. not university.

I am being asked to pay maintanence to my ex-wife throughout our daughter's university, even though she works part time and I work full time. I am happy to contribute to my daughters needs at university but I can't understand why I should support my ex-wife when our daughter is at home?

Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  lawsolved replied 8 years ago.

You are obliged to pay child maintenance if your daughter is over 16 and under 19 and in full time non advanced education.

University education is deemed to be advanced education and as she is also working part time, you are not obliged to pay child maintenance if she has turned 16.

You may contribute to her needs if you wish.

All the best
lawsolved and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you