Mike GS
Mike GS, Lawyer
Experience:  General Divorce experience with emphasis on division of Matrimonial Property
13315863

how long does a police caution stay on ones record

how long does a police caution stay on one's record
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Mike GS replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

Basically, it stays on the police computer forever and will continue to show on an enhanced search but for normal purposes will not show after 5 years.

I believe that this answers your question and would ask you, please to click 'Accept' so that I can be paid. If there is any point which requires clarification I will be happy to deal with it.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

my police caution was for assault on my wife.i am a registered mental health nurse working in a male prison and would like to know to know the possible repercussions on my nurse registration.I have never been in trouble before.

Expert:  Mike GS replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

How long ago was this and how long have you been in your current employment?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

The assault on my wife happened on the 22nd April 2009 and have been working as a nurse since 2003.i have been working at the prison for 3years.would like to know the possible effects on my nurse registration with the NMC?

Expert:  Mike GS replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

Well, basically, unless and until you seek to change jobs, nobody will know anything about it. No notification is sent to employers or to anybody else for that matter and there will be no publication of the fact

It would only be in circumstances where you were completing a new job application that the matter would be revealed and although I can't give any guarantees I cant see the NMC taking too serious a view of a caution arising out of a domestic incident.

OK?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
When applying for a new job,if i openly disclose during interview about my caution do you think it would help me..and after 5 years when the caution has expired do i have to disclose it when applying for a new job
Expert:  Mike GS replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

It's always been my personal view that this sort of thing is better broached in a face to face situation where the interviewer has the opportunity of asking questions rather than leave it to be read at a later date by a 'gofer'.

Technically, a caution is not a conviction, but you must read the question carefully and answer it honestly.

Hope that helps a bit.

Good luck