UK Employment Law

UK employment law questions answered by verified Experts

I am at start up stage. domestic cleaning and gardening.

I am at start...

I am at start up stage. domestic cleaning and gardening. expecting to make a small living for myself only, not employing anyone else. do I add vat to all invoices?

Lawyer's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Typical work is 3-4 hours at hourly rate of £20 per hour. do I add vat to the invoice? working for 5 people each week. landlords usually where they need end of tenancy cleaning

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Hoping to achieve annual 'sales' of around £20k

3/27/2018
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you

No. You do not charge VAT.

The turnover threshold for VAT registration is £85,000

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor