UK Employment Law

UK Employment Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Employment Law

I would like a phrase to include in a new employees contract

Customer Question
to make it clear that...
I would like a phrase to include in a new employees contract to make it clear that the salary is fixed for a minimum of 45 hours per week but there is no additional pay (overtime) if they choose to work additional hours.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Employment Law
7/24/2017
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Can I just check the age of the employee?

In his thirties.

OK, thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Many thanks for your patience. Two relatively standard clauses can read something along the lines of:

The Employee’s hours of work are fixed at 45 per week. Whilst overtime may be available from time to time, this will be undertaken with the agreement of both Employer and Employee. There will be no additional remuneration for any hours worked as overtime.

Remuneration paid to the Employee for their services as required under this Employment Contract will include a salary of £X per year. This is a fixed salary, paid monthly. There is no additional remuneration for any additional hours worked over and above those specified in this contract.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ben Jones
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer