How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8917
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-employer funded a partime degree. I did not sign any

Customer Question

Hi, My ex-employer funded a partime degree. I did not sign any document to say that I would repau the fee if I left within 2 years of end of my degree. However, they now state I signed something in February 2014 which was 3rd year in to my degree, something I do not recall. Any way in early February 2016 I was told that my there was likely hood of a redundacny and put on a 6 month contract( end date of 30/06/2016) before my graudation date. The employer did not offer me any alternative employment so I signed a nother contract with another organisation on 03/06/2016, when I informed my employer they offered a 3 month extension at first, when I explained that this was not viable they then turned aggressive and tried to force me in to siging a contract that was paying less that I had been offered elsewhere, due to the pressure I resigned on 09/06/2016. They did not pay me for the month and are now threatning to take formal action against for to recall the money for the degree money that I can not afford to repay. I do not know what to do, could you please help??
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: West Yorkshire, England
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Plenty more, but could you please advise on the situation please?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Have you been shown the document you were supposed to have signed?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Have you seen the document you were supposed to have signed?