Jenny McKenzie
Jenny McKenzie,
Experience:  10 Years of experience in Employment Law and HR
32019188

After attending investigation meeting I have

Customer Question

After attending a follow up investigation meeting I have been finished. I was never told at any point that it was a disciplinary hearing so process and procedure hasn't been followed has it ? and can I do anything about this.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Jenny McKenzie replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. How long did you work for the employer for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
18 months agency 7 months employed
Was there a break in service between working via the agency and directly for the employer and was the job the same?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No break they gave me a contract after 18months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh doing same job and same run as a hgv driver
Ok thanks in that case you can argue that you have over 2 years service necessary to claim unfair dismissal and that the dismissal was procedurally unfair. You can appeal on that basis and contact ACAS to start early claim conciliation (www.acas.org.uk) and raise a claim in the employment tribunal if this does not resolve the situation. Please take the time to rate my answer. I will be happy to answer your follow on questions. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if its a couple of couple of months difference as I don't remember the specific date I started
You need to have been employed over 2 years in total in order to have a claim as the employment tribunal does not have jurisdiction to hear a claim of unfair dismissal until a person has been employed for at least 2 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was april 2014 but I don't have the date
It is important you find out the date. I would suggest you contact the Agency to ask them if they have a record.
Hi is there anything further you would like to know? I can see you have not yet rated my answer which is an important part of the process.