How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny McKenzie Your Own Question
Jenny McKenzie
Jenny McKenzie,
Category: UK Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6307
Experience:  10 Years of experience in Employment Law and HR
Type Your UK Employment Law Question Here...
Jenny McKenzie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After attending investigation meeting I have

Customer Question

After attending a follow up investigation meeting I have been finished. I was never told at any point that it was a disciplinary hearing so process and procedure hasn't been followed has it ? and can I do anything about this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Jenny McKenzie replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. How long did you work for the employer for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
18 months agency 7 months employed
Expert:  Jenny McKenzie replied 1 year ago.
Was there a break in service between working via the agency and directly for the employer and was the job the same?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No break they gave me a contract after 18months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh doing same job and same run as a hgv driver
Expert:  Jenny McKenzie replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks in that case you can argue that you have over 2 years service necessary to claim unfair dismissal and that the dismissal was procedurally unfair. You can appeal on that basis and contact ACAS to start early claim conciliation ( and raise a claim in the employment tribunal if this does not resolve the situation. Please take the time to rate my answer. I will be happy to answer your follow on questions. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if its a couple of couple of months difference as I don't remember the specific date I started
Expert:  Jenny McKenzie replied 1 year ago.
You need to have been employed over 2 years in total in order to have a claim as the employment tribunal does not have jurisdiction to hear a claim of unfair dismissal until a person has been employed for at least 2 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was april 2014 but I don't have the date
Expert:  Jenny McKenzie replied 1 year ago.
It is important you find out the date. I would suggest you contact the Agency to ask them if they have a record.
Expert:  Jenny McKenzie replied 1 year ago.
Hi is there anything further you would like to know? I can see you have not yet rated my answer which is an important part of the process.