Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Is verbal resignation legal and binding, No, I am a member

Customer Question

Is verbal resignation legal and binding
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No , I am a member of a union
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am a nurse. I was ill & called in sick, my manager said I am not ill & should come to work
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: My manager will not accept my resignation in writing
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My contract of employment does not mention on how to give notice on resigning
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello can you please explain if you have resigned both in writing and verbally and if you are prepared to work through your notice period?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - can you please explain if you have resigned both in writing and verbally and if you are prepared to work through your notice period?