UK Employment Law

UK employment law questions answered by verified Experts

My employee has lost s driving license months, he is an farm…

Customer Question
My employee has lost...

My employee has lost his driving license for 15 months, he is an farm worker on a mixed farm so driving tractors and machinery is a major part of his job can I dismiss him or cn I only reduce his hours?

Lawyer's Assistant: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Employment Law
3/8/2016
Solicitor: Alice H, Solicitor/Partner replied 2 years ago
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Does any of his driving involve going onto roads or other public places?

OK. And can I clarify whether he has a written contrast of employment and also how long he has been working for you?

he does have a written contract but we did not include anything about a clean driving licence as at the time we did not see a need and most Agricultural contracts do not include that. I have already spoken to ACAS about this who have told me there is no need. He has worked for us for 3 years.