How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8913
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My employee has lost s driving license months, he is an farm

Customer Question

My employee has lost his driving license for 15 months, he is an farm worker on a mixed farm so driving tractors and machinery is a major part of his job can I dismiss him or cn I only reduce his hours?
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Employment Lawyer responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Does any of his driving involve going onto roads or other public places?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

OK. And can I clarify whether he has a written contrast of employment and also how long he has been working for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he does have a written contract but we did not include anything about a clean driving licence as at the time we did not see a need and most Agricultural contracts do not include that. I have already spoken to ACAS about this who have told me there is no need. He has worked for us for 3 years.