How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 47597
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dad dyed with cood he work plaser board nottinghm my mum

Customer Question

hello my dad dyed with cood he work for british plaser board nottinghm my mum is still a live can she mak a clam
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: bronchopneumonia and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: no not seen a lawyer yet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: my dad work in making the plaster it was so dustee to
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive

Did he make a claim whilst he was alive? Was he a Union member?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if you wanted to make a claim that would be a claim for personal injury, which carries a three year time limit for submitting the claim. This would usually be from the date the injury was suffered, or in the event of latent injuries which do not become obvious for years, the time of diagnosis. If the injury resulted in death, the time limit would start from the date of death, or the ate the death was linked to the disease. This means that to make a claim it must be made within 3 years of the death of the person, or if the cause of death was only linked to the employment history, the date when that happened. Usually that may be following an autopsy so will not be much later than the actual date of death.

Assuming your father died less than 3 years ago you should still be in time to make a claim. When making a claim you would be expected to show that the death was caused by the working conditions and the employer’s negligence or lack of health and safety. Therefore, some medical evidence will be required. You may wish to see a personal injury lawyer to make such a claim, especially as they can work on a no win no fee basis. However, you do not require a lawyer to do this and can make the claim yourselves if you wanted to do it cheaper.

This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the procedure you need to follow to issue a claim, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you