UK Employment Law

UK employment law questions answered by verified Experts

VR is my name. The issue is regarding my maternity nurse…

Customer Question
VR is my name...

VR is my name. The issue is regarding my maternity nurse

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

We have a 11 week X 6 days X 24hrs contract with the maternity nurse. It has a termination clause with a notice period of 2 weeks. Middle of last week she packed up saying she needed to go home and handed my twins in my hand and left. She did not tell us what the issue was, when she was coming back if at all. She messaged a couple of says back saying she now wants to change the days she will work, then she messaged yesterday saying she can come back on 1 particular day. Now she says she has a cold and will not book her tickets to come back till we pay her for the 2 days she did before abandoning us. We are not even sure if she will come back even if we pay. She has a sizeable deposit which we are worried can never be recovered as she can leave like this even in her notice period with no intimation

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Employment Law
2/19/2016
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hello. How can I help with this please?

Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hello, not sure if you saw our initial query above - What would you like to know about this situation?