UK Employment Law

UK employment law questions answered by verified Experts

I am off sick currently with depression, yesterday a member…

Customer Question
i am off sick currently...
i am off sick currently with depression, yesterday a member of audit team called at my home address advising me i am being investigated over something. I have had no letter or comunication of this other than him yesterday. I asked im in and let him ask me some questions which he noted but i had to ask him to leave has i had a doctors appointment.
He wanted me to meet him today but my doctor advised me not to as to not make by health worse. I wasnt asked if i wanted a witness and felt very intimidated.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Employment Law
2/3/2016
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What would you like to know about this please?

Can i be contacted while i am off sick over this matter?
Shouldnt i have had some form of indication or comunication?
I have been signed off sick by the doctor with depression and this as now made me worse and worried about returning to work.
Shouldnt i have been asked if i wanted a witness pressent?
can you help

Yes, sorry I was in a meeting by the time you had replied. How long have you worked there for?

How long have you worked there for please?