UK Employment Law

UK employment law questions answered by verified Experts

Dunnett. I am on a week to week rota, running from Sat to…

Customer Question
***** ***** Dunnett....

***** ***** Dunnett. I am on a week to week rota, running from Sat to Sat, there was no rota out before I started my shift on Sat 16th Jan, the rota was put out on Tues 19th Jan and I was on the rota for working sat 22, I advised my employer that as the rota had not been out that I had made plans for the Sat 22nd and Sun 23rd. I have been advised that I will be getting a disciplinary for phoning and advising that I would not be available for work on the 22nd and 23rd Jan I would like some advise before I go to the disciplinary meeting Many thanks ***** ***** Dunnett

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I am a night shift worker in a care home and I was on my last night shift on the 19th Jan which was the end of my shifts for that week, and was only given 3 days notice that I would be starting my night shifts for the next working rota on the sat 22nd

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Employment Law
1/25/2016
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hello how long have you worked there for and is there a specific policy which says when the rota should come out?

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - how long have you worked there for and is there a specific policy which says when the rota should come out?