UK Employment Law

UK employment law questions answered by verified Experts

Until mid october I was contracting at a bank through an…

Customer Question
until mid october I was...
until mid october I was contracting at a bank through an agency via my own limited company. The bank has now indicated that it would like to use my services again, but will not use the original agent. y contract included the clause below....Protection of Harvey Nash Goodwill and Proprietary Information
The Contractor shall inform HN of any direct or indirect approach to it or the Consultant by the Client with a view to
the Contractor working for the Client at any time prior to the expiry of six months after the termination or expiration of
this Agreement. The Contractor shall not (and shall procure that the Consultant shall not), without HN’s prior written
consent:
(a) prior to the expiry of six months after the termination or expiration of this Agreement:
(i) enter into (or approach with a view to entering into) a similar contract of employment or for
services directly or indirectly with the Client or Client Group Company; or
(ii) induce (or seek to induce) to leave or cease performing service(s) for any HN Group Company,
any contractor or employee of any HN Group Company with which or whom the Contractor or
Consultant had material contact in the course of its/his/their duties at any time in the 12 months
prior to such termination or expiration; or
(iii) induce (or seek to induce) the Client to engage the services of any other person in competition
with HN or provide candidates to the Client with a view to such candidates providing services to
the Client (other than via HN);
(b) use a business name used by any HN Group Company, for the purposes of a business similar to (or
competing with) any business carried out by an HN Group Company.
The provision of Clause 7 shall apply in respect of activities of the Contractor and/or the Consultant alone or jointly
with another or others in any capacity and whether or not for its or their or his benefit.I have tried to negotiate buying out my obligation under this clause but the agent refuses.What are the likely consequences, and costs of ignoring this restrictive clause, and going back directly to the bank?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/21/2016
Solicitor: Scott Taylor, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Scott Taylor
Scott Taylor, Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.