UK Employment Law

UK employment law questions answered by verified Experts

I am trying to understand what the implications would be if…

Customer Question
Hi ***** ***** I...

Hi ***** ***** I am trying to understand what the implications would be if ignored a restrictive covenant in my contract

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Give me a couple of minutes and i will try to pull the clause, and give you a bit of background

Lawyer's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Employment Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Dollars?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Employment Law
1/21/2016
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

Generally if you ignore a restrictive covenant the holder of the covenant can take you to court - seek an injunction to prevent the breach and potentially seek damages and costs against you. The key will be whether the restrictive covenant if in an employment contract was fair and not inappropriately restrictive at the time that it was entered into. Happy to discuss but please rate positive

Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.