Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My friend has handed s notice in at work (2 month notice

Customer Question

My friend has handed his notice in at work (2 month notice period ). He has now been diagnosed with an eye problem and told to rest (ie no driving) pending an appointment with a specialist and possible surgery. His firm has said that they don't care and
that he is not allowed to go sick. 1. Can they do this? (probably not because when a person is sick. They are sick. ) 2. If he does go sick can they stop any wages? (Up to now ge gas only had about 4 days off in the past 14 montgs).?
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long has he worked there for?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How long has he worked there for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for not replying sooner. She has been at the firm for just over two and a half years. Due to the eye problem and a back injury she was at the doctors today. The doctor has told her that she shouldn't be driving and that she is not to go back to work.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you know if he is contractually entitled to any sick pay?