Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

We are closing a branch of our business due the lease

Customer Question

We are closing a branch of our business due the lease expiring in the next 2-3 months. We currently have 6 employees working at the branch. How much notice of the closure is fair and reasonable to give the staff. It is hoped that customer from Middlesbrough will be serviced by our Newcastle branch. We can't take all of the staff with us as we currently have staff at the Newcastle branch who have the same job titles/positions as those in Middlesbrough. If we don't have a position for the individuals to move to are we right to consult and offer redundancy to them.
Em
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Jenny McKenzie replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
How long have these staff worked for you and do you think you will retain any of them in the business?