Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My company is under a consultation. My job seems at risk however

Customer Question

My company is under a consultation. My job seems at risk however the title of my current position is not correct on the letter they sent out. Also .my manager now got all my duties on her new job description and got a raise. The positions available now matches with my job duties now which I have being doing over and above my job description. However the salary is much lower. My employer gave me a deadline to show my interest for any vacancy available. I did not show my interest for this downgraded position however I showed my interest on the senior position which is more suitable in my view because of my qualifications and experience. I am now concern that I will lose my redundancy pay because I did not apply for the position they expected me to apply. What could happen?
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 years ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How long have you worked there for?