UK Employment Law

UK employment law questions answered by verified Experts

I have completed my tax credit return and realised that for…

Customer Question
I have completed my tax...
I have completed my tax credit return and realised that for the previous 2 years I should have included other income from property £9500, I accept the oversight was mine , can I write and tell tax credits child tax credits that it was a mistake and can I pay it back
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Employment Law
I know it is my responsibility but my dad told me it was the same as Child benefit and you could earn £50,000 . I want to minimise the chance of a prosecution , and want to put myself in a position where they may choose the civil route I can pay it back in full.I hade written a letter saying that we have filed in the 2 previous years and realise now that we should have included other income I have supplied figures of the other income in the letter 2012/ 2013 being £9400 and 2014/ 2015
£9780. I have informed them that we can pay back any overpayments on demand and also any penalties, would you put in about yhe penalties, will this reduce the likelihood of prosecutions
The letter has not yet been sent but I want to send it asap
Answered in 1 day by:
7/1/2015
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 3 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Sorry for the delay. What is the sum of the overpayment please?