How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Category: UK Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 3653
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF
Type Your UK Employment Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a UK citizen and have been offered a job with a USA based

Customer Question

I am a UK citizen and have been offered a job with a USA based company in the UK. How can this work, how will my tax be collected?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
If you are based in the UK your salary is paid in the UK, and you are a UK citizen, then you will only pay tax in the UK.
Really your employer should collect tax from you through PAYE and national insurance. If they do not, you will have to fill in your own tax return.
Kind regards