UK Employment Law

UK employment law questions answered by verified Experts

Hi, my co. is very small. I made an employee redundant and…

Customer Question
Hi, my co. is very...
Hi, my co. is very small. I made an employee redundant and he is claiming unfair dismissal. His disclosures include much muck about my private life. As a result my lawyer resigned. But I had already spent 20k on solicitor and barrister. I have run out of money. The compensation claim is huge. I have put my co into liquidation. But the ET must still proceed. I am defending myself or rather I am defending the company. I am looking for advice on how to present my own case. I obviously can't cross-examine myself. This and other advice is sought and I would be happy to pay for email and telephone support on procedure.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: UK Employment Law
6/26/2014
Solicitor: James Mather,
 replied 4 years ago
James Mather
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to help you with this today. Please bear with me if I ask for more information.

Why did your own lawyer resign?

Does the claimant have a solicitor or is he dealing with this himself?

Why is he claiming that his dismissal was unfair?

What is he claiming? How much did he earn?

How long had he worked for you for?

If your company is in liquidation, why are you defending? Can we have the full background detail please?