UK Employment Law

UK employment law questions answered by verified Experts

what is the minimum number of holidays per year and how many…

Can I include the 8...

Can I include the 8 days of bank holidays in 28 days minimum required for someone working 5 days a week?

7/26/2013
James Mather

I can do no better than refer you to this CAB guide

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/work_e/work_time_off_work_e/holidays_and_holiday_pay.htm

which is far better than me simply regurgitating the details.

If you work 5 days you are entitled to 28 days hol incl bank holiays.

Of course you may get more than this in yr contract.

Does
that answer the question? Can I help further? Can I answer any specific points?

Please don't forget to
positively rate my answer service even if it was not what you wanted to hear. You
should now see a series of buttons which enable you to rate my answer service
formally.

If you don't rate it positively,
then the site keep your deposit and I
get 0 for my time.
It is imperative that you give my answer a positive
rating.

It doesn't give me, "a pat on the head", "good boy" (like ebay), it is my
livelihood!

If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little,
please ask.

The thread does remain open for me to answer follow-up questions after rating
my answer service.

James Mather