How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 47354
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A work colleague has said to another work colleague that I

Customer Question

A work colleague has said to another work colleague that I have slept with him. This is utter and total lies and was said to cover up an affair he is having with someone else.

It is making my work life a nightmare as I believe my work are all aware of this allegation.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is your employer taking any formal action against you ass a result?

JACUSTOMER-hj2csyiq- : No
Ben Jones :

The best you can do in this situation is to make a complaint about this to your employer. As this is an issue between two work colleagues and it involves the working environment the employer can deal with it. If you were to go ahead and raise a formal grievance about this then the employer would be obliged to investigate the complaint and determine if there is any evidence to justify taking further action. If they believe that to be the case then it is possible for them to deal with it as they see fit. This could be an informal warning or even formal disciplinary action. You cannot do much to take personal action against this person and as such I would suggest you do this via your employer's formal grievance procedure.

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your query or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this?