UK Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified solicitor who will answer your question

Ben Jones
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

More related answers
All solicitors are VERIFIED
I have been permenantly employed for almost 11 months and
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
I have been permenantly employed for almost 11 months and also passed the 6 months probation at a company in London. Now they are moving the role to another city hence by that virtue claiming my posit… read more
Ben I wonder if you could advise me on something. My current
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Hi Ben I wonder if you could advise me on something. My current employer confirmed my role was redundant on Mon 28 Sep 15 and served me 2 months notice of termination as per my contract of employment,… read more
I have given 4 weeks notice as per my contract that states
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
I have given 4 weeks notice as per my contract that states 4 weeks on probation and 3 months after. I have never had my probation confirmed that also had an uplift in salary (never received) they are … read more
Ben I have been serverd redundancy with a leaving date of
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
HI Ben I have been serverd redundancy with a leaving date of 31 December 2016 which includes 3 months gardening leave from Dec 2015. My nOTICE PERIOD TO THEM IS 5 WEEKS....is this legal and can I ask … read more
i have been given a letter that says my job is at risk for
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
i have been given a letter that says my job is at risk for redundancy and with 30 days they will tell me whether i am will be made redunandt or not. I will be made redundant as the company is being so… read more
I am in the process of giving notice to my current employer,
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
I am in the process of giving notice to my current employer, I have given 1 weeks notice to terminate my contract of eployment. In my contract it states Less than 6 months = Probationary period terms … read more
If i have had a letter stating that i might be made redundant
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
If i have had a letter stating that i might be made redundant by end of March 2014. If I start looking for another job, am i still entitled to redundancy pay if i leave employment before end of notice… read more
I have been with a company for just under 10 years. On 23rd
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
I have been with a company for just under 10 years. On 23rd March, I gave them 10 weeks' notice of termination of employment - last day of employment 31st May 2012. I have received a letter from them … read more
I was put at risk of redundancy before christmas 2011, i have
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
I was put at risk of redundancy before christmas 2011, i have 12 years+ long service and i am 41. The date i was given ,that i would know if i was to be made redundant was Jan 17th 2012. I was told th… read more
Hi My wife currently owns her own hairdressing salon. She
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Hi My wife currently owns her own hairdressing salon. She has a total of 6 staff with 2 full time and the rest part time. One girl left last year to go on maternity leave and was replaced by this pers… read more
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX December 2011 my employer made
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX December 2011 my employer made me redundant, due to relocation office from London to Southampton I was told that I need to stay till 1st April 2012, and tomorrow on Monday, c… read more
hello could you help, I was told on tuesday 10th of October
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
hello could you help, I was told on tuesday 10th of October that i was on a minimum of 30 consultation for my job. on the 28th of October i was told my job would be redundant in the new structure. At … read more
If I wanted to leave my job, (my contract notice period is
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
If I wanted to leave my job, (my contract notice period is 4 weeks) but I only want to give 2 weeks. What can they do? They are making it very difficult for me and I feel very pressured to stay 4weeks… read more
what is the notice period we should give the employer Hi,
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
what is the notice period we should give the employer? Hi, my colleague started working me in the same company from Dec 3rd 2010, the probation period is 3 months. my friend got her dream IT job with … read more
Two weeks ago my job was made redundant due to the company
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Two weeks ago my job was made redundant due to the company going into debt reconstruction. This was co Fu red in writing following a consultation period of two weeks. Since my redundancy has been conf… read more
Hi there, I recently resigned from my job after aprox 5
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Master's Degree
Hi there, I recently resigned from my job after aprox 5 months employment and gave 1 months notice period as my contract states i must. I was asked to leave on the same day as handing my resignation i… read more
I have just resigned from my firm after 18 years employment.
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
I have just resigned from my firm after 18 years employment. My contract states 3 months notice but my new employer wants me to start within 6 weeks, or I am in danger of the new offer being withdrawn… read more
We have been put on a 4 day week for the past 12 weeks, If
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
We have been put on a 4 day week for the past 12 weeks, If the Company do not put us back up to 5 day week can we ask for Redundancy?… read more