Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have a real problem. I am an English, ultimate employer UK

Customer Question

I have a real problem. I am an English, ultimate employer UK based. I was as to move from Cyprus to Greece in 11/2011.
In 11/2012 I needed a 2nd car, due to no loans being available from Greek banks, high H.P charges purchase not possible. My Finance Director arranged a lease car via company with agreement to pay back in 3-4 months when a bond I had in Cyprus matured. Agreement was verbal! Due to Cyprus crisis could not get access to pay back on plan.
I was telephoned by UK office re this and then advised that Finance Director concerned was running a 2nd car paid for by company which is obviously against the rules.
Now I am asked to resigned for incorrect use of company money. Agree I did not ask my UK superior but give cutbacks in staff here pressure is enormous and it slipped my mind.
I have 32 unblemished years service, including many clean audits.
Note that I have been asked/told not to seek any legal advice or comment just to sign retirement documents in which case I will be paid 6 months notice.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Wendy, ok, I can wait a little while.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on a professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Seeing as how I have so far received nothing then waiting appears to be the sensible option?
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
If you wish to wait, your question will remain open to all UK employment experts.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Happy to wait a white as stated
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right professional. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.

Regards,
Wendy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Noted, await refund.