How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  solicitor
Type Your UK Employment Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My company going through a reorganisation new jobs new titles

This answer was rated:

My company going through a reorganisation new jobs new titles making changes through the sales force.
I am female sixty yrs old have worked for them for 20yrs and for the past 7yrs have been partime

Can they make me change to full time or work an extra day
Can they offer redundancy

What are my options

They should sit down with you and try and reach agreement with you about any changes to your working hours or role.

If they make the changes without consulting you, have the option to:

  • accept the changes;
  • continue working but under protest reserving your right to protest against the changes;
  • refuse to accept the changes and walk out and claim constructive dismissal.

They may offer redundancy, you may negotiate this with them.


Hope this helps. Please leave feedback

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
They have the changes signed off with head office and we are being presented with them on Tuesday it has been mentioned in the past by a manager that we were going towards full time rather than partime and that would mean I would be expected to change surely this is being. Discriminating against part time employees

I just need to know if I can ask for redundancy as I would accept this I have no intention of going full time do I have the right to refuse full time.

Yes, you may refuse to accept full time and ask for them to make you redundant if there is no part time job for you.

You cannot be forced to work full time.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you